Corona, False Alarm? Facts & Figures
Corona, False Alarm? Facts and Figures is a well referenced, yet simple to read book by two reputable German doctors. It is now out in English, but has been a best-seller in German since June.
This super popular book is back in stock and will ship right away. All backorders have been shipped.
Pages: 160 pages
Book Art: Black-and-white illustrations throughout
Size: 5 x 7.75 inch
Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing
Pub. Date: October 2, 2020
No other topic dominates our attention as much as coronavirus and COVID-19, the infectious disease it triggers. There’s been a global deluge of contradictory opinions, fake news, and politically controlled information. Differing views on the dangers posed by the pandemic have led to deep division and confusion, within governments, society, and even among friends and family.
In Corona, False Alarm?, award-winning researchers Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi and Dr. Karina Reiss give clarity to these confusing and stressful times. They offer analysis of whether radical protective measures—including lockdown, social distancing, and mandatory masking—have been justified, and what the ramifications have been for society, the economy, and public health. Dr. Bhakdi and Dr. Reiss provide dates, facts, and background information, including:
- How Covid-19 compares with previous coronaviruses and the flu virus
- What infection numbers and the death rate really tell us
- The challenges around lockdown: Were the protective measures justified?
- Mandatory mask-wearing: Does the science support it?
- Does the race for vaccine development make sense? What are the chances of success? Will the vaccine be safe? Will people accept it?
- Corona, False Alarm? provides you with sound information and substantiated facts—and encourages you to form your own opinion on the corona crisis.
Online orders only for this product please. We'll gladly take your order on the phone if you order some other items as well but just to keep it simple we prefer that these book orders be processed on the website. Thanks for your understanding.